JSmooth is a Java Executable Wrapper. It creates native Windows launchers (standard .exe) for your java applications.
It makes java deployment much smoother and user-friendly, as it is able to find any installed Java VM by itself.
When no VM is available, the wrapper can automatically download and install a suitable JVM, or simply display a message or redirect the user to a web site.
JSmooth provides a variety of wrappers for your java application, each of them having their own behaviour: Choose your flavour!
- JSmooth 0.9.9-7 Released (2007-05-20)
Introducing single-instance option and some JNI features.
- Changed network code so that download now uses the IE proxy
- Download of files by custom-download wrapper can now be done in
http, https, and ftp.
- Added a single instance option for the auto-download,
custom-download and windowed wrappers. When this option is
enabled, launching another instance of the application results in
bringing the window of the first one to front.
- Added JNI functions available to the java application when
launched using the JVM DLL
- Fixes bug #1720562: winservice-wrapper ignores "currentDirectory"
- JSmooth 0.9.9-6 Released (2007-05-13)
This release mainly fixes a few minor bugs.
- Fixed a DOS console appearing for a fraction of second when
running a CreateProcess to guess the version of the JVM.
- Exit code now correctly returned for the console wrapper.
- The jsmooth wrappers configured to work with a bundled VM
now accept the SingleProcess argument correctly.
- Removed the doctype in the docbook doc file, so that it can
compile without an internet connection
- JSmooth 0.9.9-5 Released (2007-05-01)
This release adds a brand new wrapper for Windows Services.
A lot of refactoring was done on the java launching code, so please report any possible regression.
- Adds new wrapper for windows services
- Refactored the Sun JVM launcher, now 3 specialized class are
available: JVMBase, SunJVMExe, SunJVMDLL
- Added latest 1.5.xx and 1.6.0 releases of the JRE autodownload,
now defaulting to JRE 1.6.0 (Vista end-users).
- Improved some inline help texts (english and french)
- JSmooth 0.9.9-4 released (2007-04-07)
This release is mainly for bug fixes.
- Fixed bug #1694330: Working directory handled incorrectly.
- Fixed bug #1694128: launch in exe proc: '\' in command line not
- Fixed bug #1694136: Typos in strings
- Added welcome panel
- Fixed bug relative to the jvm bundle selection when enabled but
no directory was defined
- Added destination directory parameter in ant task
- Fixed initial jsmooth window size issue
Jsmooth is free software released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
If you'd like
to help the project, this is the place to